Number of credits
|Bachelor in French and Romance languages and literatures : general||5 crédits|
Language(s) of instruction
Organisation and examination
Teaching in the first semester, review in January
Units courses prerequisite and corequisite
Prerequisite or corequisite units are presented within each program
Learning unit contents
The course systematically presents traditional concepts of grammatical analysis and apply them to the French language.
Learning outcomes of the learning unit
At the end of the course, students will have the following abilities:
- ability to analyse any French sentence using traditional grammatical analysis;
- knowledge and mastery of the main grammar books describing French;
- mastery of the grammatical spelling rules of French;
- knowledge of the main oddities and exceptions in French.
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
Very good proficiency in French language.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Magistral teaching and discussions.
Analysed are in the syllabus of LROM0063-1 Initiation à l'analyse textuelle (domaine français).
A tutor will help the students to prepare the discussions.
Mode of delivery (face-to-face ; distance-learning)
Teaching in the Q1. First meeting on 4th Oct. 2017, 1PM-3PM, room Kurth.
Recommended or required readings
- Grevisse, Maurice. 2008[or newer]. Le bon usage. Bruxelles: De boeck/Duculot.
- Syllabus du cours LROM0063-1 Initiation à l'analyse textuelle (domaine français) (exercises)
- Grevisse, Maurice/Goosse, André. 1995. Nouvelle grammaire française. Bruxelles: De boeck/Duculot.
- Grevisse, Maurice. 2010. Exercices de grammaire française. Bruxelles: De boeck/Duculot.
Assessment methods and criteria
Teacher:Nicolas Mazziotta Phone: 04 366 53 82 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org