Number of credits
|Bachelor in economics and business management||7 crédits|
|Bachelor in business engineering||7 crédits|
Language(s) of instruction
Organisation and examination
All year long, with partial in January
Units courses prerequisite and corequisite
Prerequisite or corequisite units are presented within each program
Learning unit contents
IMPORTANT: teaching language = French!!!
Learning common + business German (basic grammar + basic vocabulary + developing the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Table of contents:
- Erster Kontakt
- Besucher kommen
- Leute (Familie, Hobbys)
- Bedarf, Bestellung, Kauf
- Im Büro und unterwegs
- Namen, Zahlen, Daten,Fakten
- Auf Stellensuche
- conjugation: present, imperative, perfect, passive
- (in)separable verb prefixes
- modal verbs
- article words and pronouns: nominative, accusative, dative
- sentence structure
- main prepositions
- time specification and statement of place
- comparative and superlative degree
- adjective declension
Learning outcomes of the learning unit
This course will
- help students to demonstrate scientific precision and a critical mind.
- help them to communicate efficiently, internally and externally, about a company, organization or project.
- allow them to improve their proficiency in German as a foreign language
- allow them to raise their awareness of the multicultural and international features of their environment.
- encourage them to be curious and to show a scientific precision of academic level.
At the end of the year, the student should be able to communicate orally and in writing in German at the European level A2+/B1-. He should be able to understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance, to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters and to describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
European Language Portfolio
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
European level A1 for listening comprehension, reading comprehension, writing.
More details: see ""Allemand 1", LANG 1905-1.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
In the class room:
- discovering several chapters of the book (vocabulary, grammar)
- listening comprehension
- oral exercises
- grammar and vocabulary exercises (for example on Lol@: online exercises)
- reading comprehension exercises
- written exercises
Mode of delivery (face-to-face ; distance-learning)
In the class room: 3 hours / week during the whole year.
+ on line exercises and home work.
Recommended or required readings
Unternehmen Deutsch: Grundkurs Lehrbuch. Becker / Braunert / Schlenker. (Klett).
Lecture notes (inclusive basic vocabulary) (Centrale des Cours, rue Louvrex)
- dictionary, for example Harrap's or Langenscheidt (or on line dictionary, for example http://dict.leo.org/frde )
- maybe a grammar, for example Henri Bouillon's or Dreyer-Schmitt's
Assessment methods and criteria
Exam in January and June.
60% for the written exam:
- listening comprehension (20%)
- writing (10%)
- grammar and vocabulary (30%)
The student who doesn't take all the parts of the exam will become 0/20 as final mark.
Office 215, building N1 (rue Louvrex), 2nd floor.
Phone: +32 4 232 72 75.
On line course on the platform Lol@.