Number of credits
|Master in forests and natural areas engineering (120 ECTS)||6 crédits|
Language(s) of instruction
Organisation and examination
Teaching in the first semester, review in January
Units courses prerequisite and corequisite
Prerequisite or corequisite units are presented within each program
Learning unit contents
The "Narture and Forest Management" project (NFM project) is conducted by a working team of 3 to 5 students assisted by a project superviser. 2 types of projects are proposed:
- "applied" project similar to the job of a technical consultant;
- "scientific" project conducting a scientific research supposed to lead to the drafting of a scientific paper.
Learning outcomes of the learning unit
The aim of the project is to train the student on how to carry out a team project form the conception to the presentation of the results:
- to arganize the work in groupe (soft skills for common decisions, working packages distribution, meetings, etc.)
- to use the necessary skills acquired during the bioengineer course of study;
- to present and defend its report face to an examining board.
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
The project uses the hard skills acquired during the bioengineer courss. The necessary knowledge depends on the project requirements.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The students conceive their project and realize it together with the support of their project supervisor.
Midway, they present a progress report containing the project context, the methodology, data, working organizing, expected results, etc. At the end, they produce a final report that is presented and defended face to an examining board.
Mode of delivery (face-to-face ; distance-learning)
Teaching by project
Recommended or required readings
Depending on the projects
Assessment methods and criteria
The evaluation is based on:
- the evaluation of the project superviser, based on the quality of the final report and the team organizing and functioning;
- the evaluation of the presentation of the final report and its discurssion with the examining board.