15h Th, 15h Pr
Number of credits
|Master in business engineering (120 ECTS)||5 crédits|
|Master in business engineering (120 ECTS) (Digital Business)||5 crédits|
Language(s) of instruction
Organisation and examination
All year long, with partial in January
Units courses prerequisite and corequisite
Prerequisite or corequisite units are presented within each program
Learning unit contents
Through the Digital Business Capstone Project, the students have to apply the theoretical knowledge acquired during their master in the field of Digital Business. The students must solve a real or realistic complex management problem that requires digital technologies. Both components, digital and management, must be simultaneously taken into account. They have to analyze the management problem, define a solution approach to answer the management need, model the process, implement the solution and measure the added-value of their approach. Among the possible digital technologies, but not limited to them: machine learning (data science), web based information systems, Internet of Things, robotics, digital twins, blockchain, advanced database management systems, virtual or augmented reality...
Learning outcomes of the learning unit
- Strategy: This course will help students to analyze a context and to identify data in order to solve a management problem with digital technologies.
- Strategy: Identification and appropriate use of knowledge, theoretical, methodological and technical tools
- Strategy: Proposal of a relevant strategy / action plan
- Implementation: Organization and adherence to planning
- Implementation: Consideration of the multidisciplinary dimension; especially management and digital questions
- Implementation: Appropriate use of analytical tools and data in implementation.
- Implementation: Ethical position in one's recommendations and practices
- Quality and Performance Control: Use of data and analytical tools for performance monitoring
- Quality and Performance Control: Proposal of ways of improvement based on the analysis of performance data
- Communication: Oral and written communication in a foreign language
- Communication: Taking into account multicultural dimensions in one's communications
- Adaptability: Scientific integrity and critical thinking
- Adaptability : Team spirit and taking responsibility
- Adaptability : Autonomy - entrepreneurial spirit
- Adaptability : Curiosity and creativity
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
This is a capstone project limited to students with a strong background in computer science and management science. The students must have taken all the compulsory courses in the digital business program.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Group project (or alone for the students with a degree from the Faculty of Applied Sciences)
Regular meetings by group with the professors for follow-up, advice and help.
First meeting to define the project and expectations.
Eventually: special theory session if needed for a specific project, entreprise visit...
Mode of delivery (face to face, distance learning, hybrid learning)
Group project. Face-to-face meetings with the professors.
Recommended or required readings
Assessment methods and criteria
Exam(s) in session
Written work / report
Project with oral defense. The participation to the follow-up meetings is taken into account as well as the peer evaluation.