30h Th, 20h Pr, 70h Proj.
Nombre de crédits
|Master : ingénieur civil en aérospatiale, à finalité||5 crédits|
Langue(s) de l'unité d'enseignement
Organisation et évaluation
Enseignement au deuxième quadrimestre
Unités d'enseignement prérequises et corequises
Les unités prérequises ou corequises sont présentées au sein de chaque programme
Contenus de l'unité d'enseignement
The purpose of the lectures is to introduce the design of semi monocoque structures used in aeronautics. Three domains are studied:
- Structural idealization: Analytical models of wing and fuselage based on thin-walled section beam.
- Thin structures models: Theory and introduction to finite-element model of plates and shells.
- Introduction to buckling of thin structures.
Acquis d'apprentissage (objectifs d'apprentissage) de l'unité d'enseignement
The student will have acquired the methodology required to conduct a preliminary study in the context of aircraft structures. In particular:
- He will have a deep understanding of the thin-walled beams and thin structures theory and will be able to summary, compare and explain them.
- He will have a deep understanding of the resolution methods of thin-walled beams and thin structures buckling problems, and will be able to summary, compare and explain them. He will also know their application range.
- He will be able to apply the resolution methods to classical problems.
- He will be able to analyse and to evaluate (justify and criticise) these methods.
- He will be able to analyse new problems.
Savoirs et compétences prérequis
Good knowledge in
- Solid mechanics
- Finite-element method
Activités d'apprentissage prévues et méthodes d'enseignement
Exercises and personal project. A major part or the totality of the personal project is achieved in the context of the APRI0004 class. Students who do not follow simultaneously APRI0004 will have to achieved a dedicated group project.
Mode d'enseignement (présentiel, à distance, hybride)
Face-to-Face: default mode
In case of remote teaching is mandatory
1) Recorded classes that could not be given face to face will be available in myUliege on a weekly basis.
2) Questions on this recorded class can be asked on the etaching day on the forum created in eCampus https://www.ecampus.ulg.ac.be.
Lectures recommandées ou obligatoires et notes de cours
- Aircraft Structures for engineering students T. H. G. Megson, Butterworth-Heinemann, An imprint of Elsevier Science, 2003, ISBN 0 340 70588 4
- Lecture notes on http://www.ltas-cm3.ulg.ac.be/classes.htm
Modalités d'évaluation et critères
Examen(s) en session
Toutes sessions confondues
- En présentiel
évaluation écrite ( questions ouvertes )
- En distanciel
évaluation écrite ( questions ouvertes )
Travail à rendre - rapport
Evaluation is based on the realization of a project (30%) related to the design and/or modeling of a semi monocoque structure and on a written examination (70%). In case of a resit, if a grade of at least 10/20 has been given to the project, only the written examination will be redone.
For students following simultaneously APRI0004, a major part or the totality of the personal project is achieved in the context of the APRI0004 class. However a separated and more complete report has to be delivered and will be use for the grading. Each student can be requested to provide a report on the personal achievement.
The examination is based on the whole content of the class. Problems similar to the ones studied during the classes, and new problems will be part of the questions. Justification using the theoretical content is also asked.
Participation to the exam, to the guest lectures (if any), and achievement of the project are mandatory. The student who does not attend to compulsory sessions or who does not delivered the assignments on time will not be allowed to present the exam.
In case of remote evaluation:
Same content. Exam will be given through eCampus. in particular:
- Questions will be obtained by eCamput the day of the exam;
- Students will have to answer to the questions on separated sheets of paper; scan them; and upload them on eCampus;
- There will be a limited time for each question.
L. Noels (L.Noels@ulg.ac.be)
Notes en ligne