10h Th, 1d FW
Number of credits
|Bachelor in engineering||1 crédit|
Language(s) of instruction
Organisation and examination
All year long, with partial in January
Units courses prerequisite and corequisite
Prerequisite or corequisite units are presented within each program
Learning unit contents
The course is one of the socio-professional integration activities for undergraduate students in engineering.
Learning outcomes of the learning unit
Through his/her participation in this course, the student will
- be able to position himself/herself with respect to the industrial and economical environment (at both the local et international scale);
- increase his/her awareness of the state of the art and the technological challenges in various sectors;
- identify the expectations from companies and (some of) the realities of the world of work (pesonnal capacities, skills and competencies, mobility, ...) ;
- be opened to international issues.
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course includes :
- six talks given by engineers active in companies and organizations of different sizes and different sectors of activity;
- an one site visit to a company.
Mode of delivery (face-to-face ; distance-learning)
Seminars and on site visit.
Recommended or required readings
Assessment methods and criteria
Participation to all the activities is mandatory to be credited.
Detailed program of the talks available at http://www.facsa.ulg.ac.be/ConferencesMetiers.
Eric J.M. DELHEZ (E.Delhez@ulg.ac.be)