Nombre de crédits
Langue(s) de l'unité d'enseignement
Organisation et évaluation
Enseignement au deuxième quadrimestre
Unités d'enseignement prérequises et corequises
Les unités prérequises ou corequises sont présentées au sein de chaque programme
Contenus de l'unité d'enseignement
The digital revolution has entered a new phase, stronger and more disruptive. Companies and organizations must start a deep reflexion on their digital transformation (business models, marketing, training, work organization and human resources, relationships with customers, partners and suppliers, research and development, ...). As a leading management school, HEC-ULg wants to prepare its students to this new Digital world and the opportunities of Digital business.
The course is organized as a roadmap from the early E-Business Model to the Digital Business Model that is now dominant but already in transition to an Algorithmic Business Model.
- Introduction to the to the Digital Transformation
- From Web As It Was to Web as It is & Will Be
- From E-Commerce & E-marketing to Digital Commerce & Marketing
- Mobile & IoT
- Digital Workplace & Disruption
- Cloud, (Big) (Smart) (Open) Data & Plateformization
- Digital Business, Technology Trends
Acquis d'apprentissage (objectifs d'apprentissage) de l'unité d'enseignement
At the end of the course, students will be able to understand the main challenges and opportunities related to the 3 main topics.
They will also know and understand the core technologies and concepts behind the digital business, and how they interact inside companies and economic sectors.
They will be able to perform an efficient technology watch to keep their understunding of the digital business up to date.
Savoirs et compétences prérequis
In the future, the new "digital transformation" course given in 2nd BAC will be a kind of introduction for the course.
Activités d'apprentissage prévues et méthodes d'enseignement
6 lessons (3 hours) are planned. All of them will be performed by André Blavier.
The course will include three types of activities:
- Traditional lessons, organized by topics (see above).
- Lectures by professionals coming from ICT companies (depending on their disponibility).
- Group works.
Mode d'enseignement (présentiel ; enseignement à distance)
Students will have tho opportunity to use interactive and collaboration tools (RSS feeds, email alerts, sharing tools, etc.).
Group works (3 to 4 students) will be organized for the 5 last lessons. The week before each of them, a topic will be given to a limited number of groups. Two randomly chosen will have to make a presentation in front of the class.
Lectures recommandées ou obligatoires et notes de cours
- The course will be mainly supported by "Powerpoint" presentations. These presentations must be used as a detailled plan for the course and will have to be completed by information and references given during the lessons.
- Supports and documentation will be available on Lol@ at least one day before each lesson. Multimedia contents, reference websites, studies, newsletters, people to follow, ... will also be available on Lol@. The idea is to provide scalable and evolutive supports that students will continue to use in their future professional life.
- Students are also invited to follow the Twiter account @unpeudeblabla (a specific hashtag will be used for the course), and the Scoop.it account unpeudeblabla.
Modalités d'évaluation et critères
Group works will be evaluated.
The way the final written exam will be organized will be decided during the course, depending on the global required volume of work.
See "Mode of delivery"